Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

I want to be a better blogger, I want to be a better blogger, I want to be a better blogger...
It's been almost 6 months since I last made a post. My how time flies. Really, this blog is just my way of keeping track of my quilt-y adventures and sharing with my friends and family all in one place. Unlike the almost 150 inspiring blogs I visit and have saved on my favorites list, I am in no way here to try and inspire and teach (someday maybe) as I am still so new to blogging. What a wonderful world in blog-land... what did we ever do without the unending daily doses of inspiration, color, tutorials and fun?  Have you ever found a blog (by accident or on purpose) that you just loved and then a list of that blogger's favorite blogs, only to see one that sounds interesting and click on it?  Then on that next blog, yet another list… before you know it you are 11 blogs removed from the one you started!  Fun.  Someday I’ll post a list of some of my favorites.

Anyhoo… this is a block I made for a local art quilt bee I’m in. We were supposed to give up an orphan block to which we have no sentimental attachment. Well, not having any orphans, I needed to make one.

This is a block I first saw on quiltdad blog about a year or so ago.  I have since seen this block on quite a few blogs.  I'm not big on triangles, but triangles in a circle... I'm sold!  The fabric I used is from just one strip of one fabric.  I like all the different colors from just one fabric.  If you haven't ever tried paper piecing, I suggest you give it a try.  This block is made of four smaller blocks, and is a pretty easy if you are new to paper piecing.  Here is the link for the Colorwheel Geese pattern I used. 

That's all for now.  Till next time... not another six months!

1 comment:

  1. hey ann,
    you asked about the squiggly quilting i did on one of my quilts...your comment doesn't allow me to contact you, so drop me an email and i'll tell you all about it. jgeringirre at yahoo dot com
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete