Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tick Tock...

...it's TIME to quilt!  I didn't get to as much as I wanted to this week, but I was able to start and finish this great patchwork clock.  When I saw it online a few weeks back, I just had to make one!  I forget where I saw it first, one blog or another, but I was led once again to an inspiring ezine, Fat Quarterly.  The pattern, by Sylvie Roussel, was in the "Paper" issue #8.  I purchased the ezine, ordered a clock movement for around $7 on ebay, got a cheapy embroidery hoop at the local Hobby Lobby and I was ready to go.  A bit of color and paper piecing later, and wha-la!  I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It hangs within easy viewing distance from my sewing area.  Wouldn't this be a great gift to make for a crafy or quilty friend?  Or make some together at your next Bee meeting!  Well... this one is here to stay and we'll see if I get around to making another anytime soon.  Hop on over to FQ and check it out.  

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and this is fantastic, I love it, great colours to use, I have a whole heap of bunting in these colours above my sewing machine and they always cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete